The handsome sandstone bond stores on Campbells Cove were built by the sons of pioneer merchant Robert Campbell to house the tea, coffee, sugar, spirits and cloth their family business imported from India.
Originally a two storey structure comprising of 11 bays, the first 5 bays were completed in 1842, the rest were built two at a time in 1858, 1861.
The top storey was added in 1890 along with a new brick bay at the northern end by its new owner, the State Government.
Ten of the original bays survive today along with the brick addition, and house a number of shops, galleries and restaurants.australia (17), Campbell's Cove, long exposure photography (92), night photography (94), Sydney (8), sydney at night (7). 22; f/8.0; ISO 100; 24.0 mm.